What is the criteria for determining a Well-Known Trademark?
The Registrar shall, while determining whether a trademark is a well-known trade mark, takes into account all the facts which he considers relevant for determining a trade mark as a well-known trade mark including the following factors:
- That the trade mark is well known to the public at large in India;
- The number of persons involved in the channels of distribution of the goods or services;
- The number of actual or potential consumers of the goods or services;
- The duration, extent and geographical area of any use of such trade mark;
- The business circle dealing with those goods or services.
The record of successful enforcement of the rights in that trademark in particular, the extent to which the trademark has been recognized as a well-known mark by any court or Registrar under that record